Effective Date: April 26, 2020
ABOUT WEST HERR AND THE SITE
WH offers visitors and users of the Site a destination to find information on the purchase, lease, service, repair and trade-in of a vehicle. Depending on your use of the Site, you may be asked to provide, enter or upload information about you and/or a vehicle.
RULES FOR USER CONDUCT AND USE OF THE SITE
You will only use the Site for your own benefit. You agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive;
- use the Site for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
- attempt to or harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
- provide false or inaccurate information or use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of content;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Site;
- make any automated use of the Site or any computer system owned or used by WH, or take any action that WH deems to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on WH’s servers or network infrastructure;
- bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures WH takes to restrict access to the Site or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Site or harvest or manipulate data;
- use the communication systems provided by or contacts made on the Site for any commercial solicitation purposes; or
- publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer.
POSTING AND CONDUCT RESTRICTIONS. The following rules pertain to User Content. By transmitting and submitting any User Content while using or accessing the Site, you agree, represent and warrant as follows:
- You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs while accessing or using West Herr Curbside Document Upload Services or the Site;
- You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, permissions, and consents to use and authorize WH to use any and all User Content submitted by you;
- Your contributions and any reviews will be unbiased and objective and any reviews will be authentic and You will not post information that is false or inaccurate.
- You will only post accurate documents and will not alter images in any way in an attempt to mask the true appearance of a document or vehicle photo.
- You will not submit content that is copyrighted or subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy, publicity, trade secret, etc., unless you are the owner of such rights or have the appropriate permission from the rightful owners to specifically submit such content to the Site; and
WH takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or third party post or send over the Site. You understand and agree that any loss or damage that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you make available or access through your use of the Site is solely your responsibility. WH is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content.
WH does not and cannot pre-screen or monitor all User Content. However, at WH’s discretion, WH or technology that WH employs may monitor and/or record your interactions with the Site.
By posting or submitting any User Content on the Site, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, to WH, a royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Site.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND/OR MATERIALS
As part of the Site, WH may provide you with convenient links to third party websites. These links are provided as a courtesy. WH has no control over linked websites or the promotions, materials, information, goods or services available on these third party websites. WH is not responsible for and does not endorse or warrant any materials, information, goods or services available through any linked websites or any privacy or other practices of such websites. WH may terminate any link at any time.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
WH does not warrant that descriptions its products and services, or information are current, complete or free from error. Instead third party suppliers of information (e.g., certification programs) are solely responsible for keeping information provided for use on the Site or about their businesses and locations up to date and accurate. Moreover, to the extent that the Site displays content licensed from third party sites, only those third party content suppliers are responsible for the accuracy or completeness of the content they make available to the Site.
EMAIL MAY NOT BE USED TO PROVIDE NOTICE TO THE SITE
Communications made through any Site e-mail and messaging system will not constitute legal notice to WH or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation where notice to WH is required by contract or any law or regulation.
USER CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS IN ELECTRONIC FORM
DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF DAMAGES; RELEASE
THE SITE, AND ALL FUNCTIONALITY THEREIN OR THEREON, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WH MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SITE.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WH, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND JOINT VENTURES, AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS OR PARTNERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, THAT RESULT FROM (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR WEST HERR CURBSIDE DOCUMENT UPLOAD SERVICES; (C) THE SITE GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SITE AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH WH OR ANY OTHER USER OF THE SITE.
THE LIMITATIONS ON OUR LIABILITY WILL APPLY WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT WH HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
If you have a dispute with WH concerning the Site or arising from or relating to your use of the Site, you release WH and WH’s parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and joint ventures, and each of their officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and partners, from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes to the extent allowed by law.
GENERAL TERMS; LIMITATION ON CAUSES OF ACTION
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
ALL DISPUTES OR CLAIMS BETWEEN YOU AND WH RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION TO BE CONDUCTED IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, RATHER THAN IN COURT, EXCEPT THAT YOU MAY ASSERT YOUR INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT IF YOUR CLAIMS QUALIFY. THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT AND FEDERAL ARBITRATION LAW APPLY. THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY IN ARBITRATION, AND COURT REVIEW OF AN ARBITRATION AWARD IS LIMITED. TO BEGIN AN ARBITRATION PROCEEDING, YOU MUST SEND A LETTER REQUESTING ARBITRATION AND DESCRIBING YOUR CLAIM TO WH’S LEGAL COUNSEL, ATTN: WEST HERR LEGAL COUNSEL, 3552 SOUTHWESTERN BLVD. ORCHARD PARK, NEW. THE ARBITRATION WILL BE CONDUCTED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (AAA) UNDER ITS COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES, INCLUDING, WHERE APPLICABLE, THE AAA’S SUPPLEMENTARY PROCEDURES FOR CONSUMER-RELATED DISPUTES. THE AAA’S RULES ARE AVAILABLE AT WWW.ADR.ORG OR BY CALLING 1-800-778-7879. PAYMENT OF ALL FILING, ADMINISTRATION AND ARBITRATOR FEES WILL BE GOVERNED BY THE AAA’S RULES.
APPLICABLE LAWS; VENUE
In the event you need to contact the Site, please contact WH by sending an email to [email protected]. If you need to contact the dealership regarding a vehicle, please reach out to such dealership directly.